- Respected organisation offering great autonomy and flexibility
- Develop a one-of-a-kind home care service in the lower Blue Mountains
- Sensational ‘step up’ role for experienced Home Care Case Manager / Co-ordinator
Seeking a leadership role that’s out of the box?
Empathy and vision are words not often seen together. Yet they’re two defining and essential qualities that will help secure both this brand new role, and a long and fulfilling career in this highly regarded organisation. Its established history in aged care makes them even more formidable as a newly approved Home Care provider.
As the face of the new Home Care program, you’ll build a Service from the ground up that delivers professional and compassionate, value for money home care services to older people in either their retirement living or private residential home environments. Pivotal to the role is assuring clients a maximum sense of control so they can live with dignity, while achieving maximum levels of independence, health and wellbeing.
And you are…?
A team player who connects with people with ease. Kind, sincere and empathic. A great communicator in person and in writing. Comfortable creating change for good. Flexible, nimble and adaptable. A leader with a positive ‘can do’ attitude for developing solutions that improve and elevate client care. Someone who wholeheartedly embraces and commits to their team, their clients and their work.
It goes without saying that as a ‘people person’, you have a passion for consumer-centred planning in home care, and while you’ll initially be delivering these services to existing retirement living residents, you’ll relish the opportunity to expand home care services into the local community.
In addition to previous experience in Case Management/Home Care Management in which you’ve had close connections with consumers, you’ll also possess:
- A clear understanding of home care case management, assessments, clinical oversight, networking and advocacy
- Knowledge of Australian Aged Care Quality Standards, the Aged Care Act, and relevant funding programs
- Prior experience and intelligence in the design and implementation of growth strategies for a Home Care service
- An ability to capitalise on opportunities that will grow and improve the Home Care Program
- A demonstrated ability to work with a strong person-centred/customer focused outlook on a daily basis
- The leadership capability to manage and inspire a committed client support team
- A comprehensive understanding of the administration / back end of home care package management aligned with regulatory and legislative requirements
- A holistic understanding of what quality of life means for consumers, and the ability to lead and inspire a team to deliver this
What makes this organisation one you’d want to work for?
There are few other places where you can reasonably expect to encounter a koala during the course of your working day!
Nestled in environmentally sensitive surrounds, the organisation has an amazing history with a meaningful commitment to providing care-focused and commercially successful targeted retirement living and residential aged care services, specific to the lower Blue Mountains community.
Its success has been steered by a values-driven, community-connected Board of Directors, CEO and executive team who, along with practising good governance, believe strong relationships are the key to both collective and individual fulfilment and achievement.
Do something that takes you out of the ordinary.
Call Linda on (02) 9144 4544 to chat about this unique role.
Or to apply, send your resume to email@example.com
We’re good people who find good people.
(The official job offer will be made after the successful candidate has received the tick on relevant police and recruitment checks.)